Our School Dinners
Please scroll down to see our full school dinner menu.
Our new school caterers, Harrisons, are proving a big hit – for both the quality and the choice of food available each day! The portion sizes are excellent and all food is cooked daily from fresh ingredients. If you would like your child to have a school dinner please follow the steps outlined below:
- All dinner money should be sent into school on a Monday morning in a sealed envelope which is addressed with your child’s name, class and the amount enclosed. Children should give their dinner money to the teacher during registration. Only in an emergency are we able to accept money on other days of the week.
- All money must be paid in advance (£2 per dinner) where required - don’t forget that KS1 children are entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
- Many parents take advantage of a pre-paying for a week, month or half-term. This money stays on your child’s account and they are able to use it whenever required by simply requesting a ‘School Dinner’ during morning registration. Any money remaining on account at the end of term will be notified to parents and either carried forward to the following term or refunded where necessary. We are always happy to provide details if you are unsure of the amount of credit on a child’s account – please ask in the school office!
Free School Meals?
The current economic climate has unfortunately caused problems for many families. You may qualify for Free School Meals for your child if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with annual taxable income under £16,190, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit
- Pension Guarantee Credit
Why should I apply for Free School Meals?
You could be entitled to help towards –
- School Trips
- Music lessons
- Extracurricular activities
- School clubs from outside providers
If you would like to find out if you are eligible, the Local Authority has launched an online checking service for parents - www.southend.gov.uk/fsm - or alternatively please contact the school office where we will be happy to assist you in the strictest confidence.