Leading Parent Partnership Award
Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
Edwards Hall is proud of its working relationships with parents and carers, however, as a school we are always keen to develop many more aspects of our home-school partnership. Parent / Carer involvement in their child’s learning really does make a difference we are committed to giving the tools and support that parents / carers need to help their child to achieve their full educational potential.
Over the next 18 months to two years, we shall be working towards achieving a national award called the ‘Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)’.
This award looks at how well we work with parents and carers; how welcoming the school is; and, how we support parents / carers in helping their child to learn.
We aim to improve communication with parents / carers and the community; support families and children to extend their learning and encourage a greater input and more involvement of parents / carers in school life.
The award has 9 Key Objectives (outlined below).
- demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA
- makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA
- is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents
- promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation
- provides a good induction for all new parents
- provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children’s learning
- produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and to improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school
- provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school
- school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans
Edwards Hall will be judged against these objectives and has to provide evidence to demonstrate that we are working towards achieving these and that evidence is constantly updated and reflects the needs of all our young people and their parents / carers.
Please take this opportunity to reflect on the objectives listed above and read the our LPPA news which will be posted in the near future to give you a snapshot of the type of strategies and improvements that have been put in place in response to feedback form both students and parents / carers. Many thanks to everyone who has completed the parent evaluation form that is currently feeding into our action plan.
With your continued support we hope to achieve this award. You can find more information about the award at https://www.awardplace.co.uk/
If you have any questions about the award, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs K Allard